Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tom's Bow Season Victory



Well the Lord blessed the hunt last evening, 11/01/08. It was a beautiful evening in the woods. A buck and a doe came out about 4:30 in the evening and laid down about 75 yards from me. I had never had a deer lay down in front of me, it was great to watch! They got up after a while and I didn't see them for the next couple of hours. But at 6:15 they resurfaced and were headed away from me, I used the deer grunt and brought them right to me,very cool to watch. I took my shot at 34 yards. One of my best friends, Mike Kientz, helped me track up until about 8:30PM and we were unable to find him. Mike went out and hunted this morning and after a sleepless night I went to the woods mid-morning and Mike already had him. He is a nice 8pt., dressed out about 190 we guess - what a great 24 hours in the woods!

1 comment:

JD said...

Nice work! Funny, I was just thinking about archery...thinking that I could pretty easily put together a little archery range in my back yard, shooting from the woods into the base of the hill. I wonder what the laws are about that?